Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Thoughts: Sarah Palin Typical Republican

I've had a night wracked with nightmares of the McCain/Palin ticket actually taking the White House. I think it was brought on by her speech, which one writer, Michael Landauer, described as, "It was 10 percent a family history, 10 percent a homage to McCain and 80 percent a schoolyard attack on Obama." I think she knowingly has fired up her base, but unknowingly infuriated her opponent's. She asked a question of the difference between a bulldog and a hockey mom, which the answer was lipstick. Honestly, Palin is better looking than a bulldog.

Regardless, I found the speech to be typical of a Republican, lie your way through it and suck up. It was the same divisive rhetoric we hear again and again from the right. I will, for kicks, do a line by line of her speech in three parts. I want to highlight what I mean by lies and sucking up.

No comments: